Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?

Article about: I have vivid memory of seeing a post in this forum that explains how to spot a fake Mutterkreuz. But I couldn't find it. So I tought I should ask you guys. It seems original to me but can't

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?

I have vivid memory of seeing a post in this forum that explains how to spot a fake Mutterkreuz. But I couldn't find it. So I tought I should ask you guys. It seems original to me but can't be sure. I don't know much about German insignia so I can't really tell. What do you think about it? And what about its box and that green rubber band? Box looks OK to me but don't know nothing about the rubber band. All opinions very much appreciated, thank you.
    Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ? Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ? Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ? Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?
    P
    Many

Your Mutterkruez is an original made by Carl Pollath.
    The box is also original. There is no way to confirm if the cross is actually made by Pollath, we can only assume so if it came in this box.
    The green elastic is likely a recent addition, normally I would expect to see a thread wrapped around there.

The thing to look for is to see the texturing beneath the blue enamel.

Ralph.

P.S. I have moved your thread to the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks a lot sir.

The "T"s of the word mutter do not line up with the enamel. That was the main odd feature. Is that normal ? I know they supposed to be lining up.
    What about the ribbon? Is there a solid way to tell if the ribbon is real as well?
    Lastly, how should the texturing beneath the blue enamel be. If that is the main way to tell if the Mutterkreuz is real or fake, I should know how.

I hope I'm not bothering you with asking too many questions. I'm just an inexperienced young adult who is fairly new to the subject. I am taking good care of these pieces of history therefore I don't want to collect fake items and pay them with my limited money.

I’m really grateful for your help.

Eren.

Ps. I am sorry about misplacing the post. Still learning the rules and regulations of the forum.

Quote by erentukenmez98 View Post
    Thanks a lot sir.

The "T"s of the word mutter do not line up with the enamel. That was the main odd feature. Is that normal ? I know they supposed to be lining up.
    What about the ribbon? Is there a solid way to tell if the ribbon is real as well?
    Lastly, how should the texturing beneath the blue enamel be. If that is the main way to tell if the Mutterkreuz is real or fake, I should know how.

I hope I'm not bothering you with asking too many questions. I'm just an inexperienced young adult who is fairly new to the subject. I am taking good care of these pieces of history therefore I don't want to collect fake items and pay them with my limited money.

I’m really grateful for your help.

Eren.

Ps. I am sorry about misplacing the post. Still learning the rules and regulations of the forum.
    It depends on how the disc is attached to the front, sometimes they are not perfect.
    The ribbon is original as well, you should be able to see "loops" on either side.
    There are a variety of textures found beneath the enamel, sometimes it just depends on the angle you look at it.
    You can see some of my silver examples in this thread.
    Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Zweite Stufe, Small Brooch.

Here are a few from my collection to show the texture.
    Ralph.

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?
    Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?
    Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Shouldn't the tapes also be UV negative if you hold them under UV light Ralph?

?

Great questions and answers, here is a photo of a rejected piece, one can see the the texture where the enamel would have been overlaid.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Real or fake ? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Rosenberg View Post
    Shouldn't the tapes also be UV negative if you hold them under UV light Ralph?
    IMO, not 100%, construction and a burn test should be 100%.
    Ralph.