Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2 & 4 year court mounted

Article about: by jock auld I've already got them (70€), quite expensive for me. Just wondered if it was a bargain. Jock jock a serious bargin its worth double and the rest

Default EK2 & 4 year court mounted

Guys,

Recent aquisition, the EK2 looks smaller than normal or is it my eyes, I will measure it its just I'm lazy as the wife has been beasting me but not in a nice way (housework & decorating).

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 & 4 year court mounted   EK2 & 4 year court mounted  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 & 4 year court mounted
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK2 & 4 year court mounted

Guys,

There is no excuse since my ruler is in front if me it is 42mm accross.

Jock

haha nice wanjock! very nice mate i like that, doesnt it look like a shinkle frame?

jock auld, Ewan Stirling is on the right track, what you have there is what is known as a ' Schinkel Cross ', (named after the original designer Karl Friedrich Schinkel) these crosses have the look of an Imperial version being the product of left over stocks of WW1 silver frames, when certain manufacturers jump started production (to save money re-tooling !) of both 1st and 2nd class EK's, they measure 42-43mm (same size as original cross)as opposed to LDO regulation crosses at 44.4 mm. Hitler soon put a stop to this. They are rare, and IMO quit exquisite...i especially like Third Reich crosses when court mounted with other awards, a nice set.

Hal
    ?

Jock, I,ve always liked Court Mounted pieces; very nice find! Regards, Hal

Quote by oradour View Post
    jock auld, Ewan Stirling is on the right track, what you have there is what is known as a ' Schinkel Cross ', (named after the original designer Karl Friedrich Schinkel) these crosses have the look of an Imperial version being the product of left over stocks of WW1 silver frames, when certain manufacturers jump started production (to save money re-tooling !) of both 1st and 2nd class EK's, they measure 42-43mm (same size as original cross)as opposed to LDO regulation crosses at 44.4 mm. Hitler soon put a stop to this. They are rare, and IMO quit exquisite...i especially like Third Reich crosses when court mounted with other awards, a nice set.
    oradour thanks thats what i meant only i couldnt have put it like that cheers ewan

Jock, I agree a nice Schinkel and a nice Heer 4 year long service
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Is there much of a price difference on the shinkal?

Jock

jock auld , i would say it depends on the source...i would pitch them between a standard cross and a round '3' one.

jock auld , i would say it depends on the source...i would pitch them between a standard cross and a round '3' one.
    I've already got them (70€), quite expensive for me. Just wondered if it was a bargain.

Jock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast