Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: can I ask your opinion on this ground attack badge please? it looks great but it is the weight that worries me, i have weighed it and it is 43gms. I know it is a late war version (all one pi

Question Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Erdkampfabzeichen der LuftwaffeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

can I ask your opinion on this ground attack badge please?
    it looks great but it is the weight that worries me, i have weighed it and it is 43gms. I know it is a late war version (all one piece) but the weight seems excessive, and I was wondering if there was a difference as the war progressed.
    Many Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-29-2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

IMO this is not a good Arno Wallpach badge . You can compare to mine . Hope this helps .

Hi Raz. Thanks for the reply. I must ask the weight of your lovely badge. I cannot see much difference between them apart from the hinge block.
    Mike.

raz
    ?

Hi Mike , If you look at the reverse the main thing to look at are the 2 cutouts . It is my understanding that this badge is faked a lot . Look through this forum for Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Arno Wallpach for good info . Wait for others to comment . As for weight I have no scales .

Quote by raz View Post
    IMO this is not a good Arno Wallpach badge . You can compare to mine . Hope this helps .
    I have to agree with Dennis.
    There are very good copies of this maker, this is one of them. (and it's not even that good)
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have to agree with Dennis.
    There are very good copies of this maker, this is one of them. (and it's not even that good)
    Ralph.
    Hi Mike,
    Sorry I saw this when you first posted and wrote a reply but I think I must have closed out of it without hitting the "post" button

I agree with Raz and Ralph re this one. What struck me immediately is the "soft" appearance on the reverse edges which doesn't seem to occur the same way on even very worn badges. Plus the unnatural looking striations on the reverse. The eagle reminds me of "Gonzo" in the Muppets or a Proboscis Monkey with that very odd beak.

Also the weight as you noticed is much too great. It should be 32-34g depending on which Wallpach variant it is so 43g is not attributable to manufacturing variance.

Here's one of mine by Wallpach which I am quite pleased with;

Erdkampfabzeichen der LuftwaffeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Raz,
    Thank you for your advice, I shall return the badge. I really appreciate your help. Stay safe.

Hi Ralph, thank you for your advice. I am new to breast badges and have got handle more of them. I will return forthwith. Stay safe. Mike.

Hi Mark.
    Appreciate your advice, see what you mean about the beak. Will return badge, I obviously have a lot to learn about breast badges. All the best. Stay safe.