Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: Here is another Minesweeper variant from the workshop of Förster & Barth. A zinc badge as is always the case from this maker. I'm having trouble pinning it down to a variation on the Cl

?

Default Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

Here is another Minesweeper variant from the workshop of Förster & Barth.

A zinc badge as is always the case from this maker. I'm having trouble pinning it down to a variation on the Classification Table because of a possible replaced catch.

On the old table from The Minesweeper Badge Database I believe it to be variant 2.9.3 going by the finish to the reverse with large bubbles on the surface which is a stand alone look compared to other badges from F&B. Possibly a one off run of these badges. I'm not aware of it being on any other type of badge but I stand to be corrected.

It bears a long, non ferrous inverse taper pin and wrap around sheet metal hinge that are possibly both in copper or tombak, there is a mixture of colours coming through.

The obverse retains a lot of the gold and silver colour but there is an element of corrosion to the eagle and swastika, a couple of high points and an area most visible on the reverse in the four/five o'clock position that extends up the inner part of the wreath.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Förster & Barth Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

?

Hi Adrian,

Yes, likely M2.7.3 with a replaced catch. You can't rule out M2.7.1 with a replaced catch -- it depends upon whether the original catch was thick or thin, but the thick catch variant is quite rare.

Best regards,
    ---Norm