Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a fake mutterkreuz

Article about: Hey all! Can anyone tell me if this is a fake mutterkreuz or not? It looks like the other I have but the text "Mutter der deutschen" is just turned by 90°. Thanks for your help.

Default Is this a fake mutterkreuz

Hey all!

Can anyone tell me if this is a fake mutterkreuz or not? It looks like the other I have but the text "Mutter der deutschen" is just turned by 90°.

Thanks for your help.

Is this a fake mutterkreuzIs this a fake mutterkreuz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a fake mutterkreuz
    P
    Many

IMO, not one I would pursue.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The ribbon is authentic. The cross is a different story. Better photographs are needed, but from what I can see the characteristic pebbling under the blue enamel is present, as it should be. At first glance, one could mistake it for an authentic example.

It is the central roundel that concerns me. The arrangement of the words in the circle is incorrect, and the swastika appears too thin. The swastika does seem to vary in thickness from maker to maker, but not this drastically. I'm not liking the inscription on the reverse, either.

This one is certainly head and shoulders above other reproductions of this medal. More effort tends to be put into reproducing the so-called 'first pattern' cross, which is worth substantially more than the second pattern. Considering the prices these second pattern crosses fetch, I'm surprised the fakers bother at all.

I was going to post a photograph of one of my original crosses to compare, but it appears that the forum's photo uploader is currently not working.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you all for your replies. I'll upload other pictures with another one next to tomorrow.

Managed to get the uploader working! Here's an original cross, next to the one you originally posted. Note especially the arrangement of the words on the roundel.

Regards, B.B.

Roundels have been known to be installed incorrectly, I am more concerned with the blue enamel.
    Also, notice the non-symmetry of the star points from the reverse. Here is one of mine for comparison.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It could certainly have been installed incorrectly, or perhaps repaired. Once better photos are provided, we'll have a clearer picture of the enamel, both blue and white. It really is the decisive factor. Something the fakers will never manage to get quite right.

B.B.

?

Hmmm... Interesting thread, I too look for the pebbeling under the enamel, could it be a worn die that was not cutting correctly when it was stamped to have a dulling effect on the points ? Attached is a construction flaw, where the enamel would lay with the pebbeling visible. Following G.
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a fake mutterkreuz 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I think the font and the signature on the back say non authentic. I can't recall every cross I have seen, but don't recall any like it.

I would agree with all the queries of the Mutterkreuz in #1. Besides those points my own concern would be that the reverse of this bronze Kreuz shows absolutely no trace of the patina one would expect to see on an item that is 80 years old. The colour looks brand new. The skinny swastika and bad lettering do nothing to enhance this items prospects. One to put down and walk away from.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast