Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fake Mutterkreuz in gold?

Article about: Hello, I think this one Mutterkreuz is fake due to weak details. These are pictures from the seller The ribbon appears to be original Do you think this prize is genuine?

I've noticed something similar on my own gold Mutterkreuz. The blue enamel doesn't fit flush with the white. It's slightly raised. You can see what I'm talking about in the photo below. Note the way the light reflects off the blue enamel on the lower arm. On both my silver and bronze crosses, it sits perfectly flush with the white enamel and the surrounding metal.

If it helps, mine is a 'C.F. Zimmermann'-made cross.

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Mutterkreuz in gold?
    P
    Many

?

The seller sent me this photo too
    again is not good

he wants 40 euros for MK

I don't like this cross, you should be able to see some texturing beneath the blue enamel.
    I can't see it in any of the photos you posted.
    These can be easily found, wait for another example, you WILL find one.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I think the tape is correct, there are 12 blue threads in the middle.
    But it's really hard to see the texture of the enamel
    I do not know if it's because of bad pictures

Yes Emo I agree that the ribbon is a good one and like Ralph with ought that translucent enamel it is one to be wary of. The lack of gilt plating on the arms of the cross may be an area of concern as the cross would have retained most of the gilt even on the fine edges but on this one it appears to be very thin

The breakdown of the two main manufacturers ribbon the thread count from the outer edge should be 3 white, 3 blue, 4 white and the as you mention 12 blue in the middle with the familiar scalloped edge that a shuttle loom produces.
    There is of course one other genuine more rare ribbon that was produced for the Mothers Cross which from the outer edge is 2 and 3 white threads alternatively followed by the 3 blue, 4 white and 14 blue in the central panel and this is normally found on late or end of war produced crosses. Again this has the scalloped edges.

If it was cheap enough I'd buy it just as an example to go with the crosses I am studying.

All the best
    Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2