Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions please

Article about: Dear All, I would very much appreciate your opinions on this badge which is currently for sale and is advertised as Vienna Design with no maker mark. I have read through many of the threads

?

Default Flakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions please

Dear All,

I would very much appreciate your opinions on this badge which is currently for sale and is advertised as Vienna Design with no maker mark. I have read through many of the threads for this particular badge and do not think it is a fake however there appears to be little similar to it in the threads.
    Thank you
    Flakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions pleaseFlakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions pleaseFlakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions please
    P
    Many

?

It looks a Förster & Barth design and from my knowledge they made semi hollow Flak badges (but there probably are non-hollow ones out there). I can't comment on the authenticity of this one however i do like the amount of details around the cannon.

Wait for other opinions!

?

Thank you very much Sensei

raz
    ?

Forster & Barth did make a solid back badge but their badge had 21 rivets on the gun base . Souval had 16 or 17 rivets on the gun base so IMO this one matches a Souval made badge ( with replaced or post war time hardware ? ). Wait for more input please .

?

Thank you very much Raz - Very interesting

?

a nice badge.

I agree with Raz this does look like a Souval Obverse but I haven't seen any Pre 45 examples without the makers stamp so perhaps it is all post war?

I don't like the flowed zinc mess on the reverse.

Here is a Souval badge with a needle pin. There was an example with a broad pin but these were few and far between IMO.

All the best
    Doug

Flakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions pleaseFlakkaampfabzeichen Des Heers Badge - Your Opinions please

?

Thank you for your input Saladin. I'm now leaning towards possibly not acquiring this badge as I collect WW2 manufactured artifacts/badges etc. I also think that if this was a known rare variant, then it would have been snapped up sooner at the asking price at the original auction.