Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen

Article about: I got this, as well as a Destroyer badge, coastal artillery badge, Kuban shield, silver SA sports badge and a supposedly gold SA sports badge from a dealer/collector in the St. Louis area. T

Default Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen

I got this, as well as a Destroyer badge, coastal artillery badge, Kuban shield, silver SA sports badge and a supposedly gold SA sports badge from a dealer/collector in the St. Louis area. This radio badge is not marked. There is some silver wash still on it here and there. I know these badges are heavily faked. He told me the guy from the Antiques Roadshow looked at his collection and said everything was good. I don't know enough about these badges to know for sure, so I'm looking for opinions. If this is good, is there any way to tell the maker? Thanks in advance and look forward to opinions! thank you. Bill Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-20-2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen
    P
    Many

Thank you to whoever is putting the German titles in my listings. I was going back to edit them, but they are getting edited before I can get to them.

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thank you to whoever is putting the German titles in my listings. I was going back to edit them, but they are getting edited before I can get to them.
    That would have been me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Sorry Bill.

To me this is a poor cast fake. Looks like it is trying to be a Junker J2 eagle design.

Lots of issues. Besides the details being really weak, the Eagle is positioned way to far to the right it has the wrong rear hardware, wrong metal, reverse cut out pattern is wrong, rivets, etc. etc.

I think the Antique Roadshow reference is a load of hooey. Or the AR needs a new expert.

I don't claim to be an expert on ROAGs, but did lots of studying when I was searching to buy my own. And unless there is a late war example I'm unaware of, this is all
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP. This is my worse fear coming true. I will wait and see if others chime in as well. I traded a very expensive thing for these badges and the more I get opinions on them, the more I'm thinking I got taken.

MAP
    ?

Certainly wait for others. These are just my opinions based on what I've studied and read, but not concentrating on one category I tend to know a little about a lot and not, a lot about a little.

While I'm fairly sure I'm correct I do hope I'm proven wrong. Maybe another makers late war example

Is it possible to return the items? The seller might not have known, but he still sold all of these awards as original.

This is a J3 Junckers ROAG (could not find a J2 example on the forum). Similar I think in design but not execution

Fliegerschutzenabzeichen (Juncker)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am uploading a few more pics in natural light. When I posted this last night, it was dark, so I had to use indoor lighting (I know....shame on me. lol). Hopefully these help. thanksFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und BordschutzenFliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen

MAP
    ?

Much better photos!!!! Amazing what better photos will do. Doesn't look like pot metal anymore like in the earlier photos. Definitely zinc however and not a style/type I know/recognize but not counting it out anymore

At this point I would wait for others.

Regards

Michael

Edit: do you happen to see any casting lines? I think I might see some but can't be sure

That´s a original "FLL" attributed badge imo.

KR
    Joe

I'm not sure what casting lines would look like, so I would not know what to look for! LOL Thanks Kradmelder for the input.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast