Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.

Article about: Hi all. I purchased this today from a local militaria dealer. Having searched through the pages here I now have doubts about its authenticity. Here are the photos from the dealers website. I

?

Ok, here are some more photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.   Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.  

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.   Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.
    P
    Many

?

I agree. Same file marks and also the same slightly raised bit of casting above and right of the letter O. The badge is non magnetic if that has any significance. Also note - the left side of the observation deck has a "droop" to it.

?

Photo added. I don't know why they are all ending up upside down. Sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.  

?

Hi Guys,

Yes indeed, this is an old cast fake. Aside from the wrong hardware, they all have the same marks on the reverse from the casting die. Here are two more examples with the same marks.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.   Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen real or fake.  

?

So it is conclusive then that it's fake? No possibility it might be genuine? I need to be absolutely in no doubt when I take it back to the dealer and show him this thread.

Are originals made out of a different material?

As we all suspected - not a good badge.
    Nagogx - if Norm says it is a fake then you can rest assured that it is. He is considered one of the preeminent experts in this field and has contributed to the leading book by Weber/Skora.
    nick

?

Ok. Thanks everyone for your help. Will take it back to the dealer next week.

?

Quote by Nagogx View Post
    So it is conclusive then that it's fake? No possibility it might be genuine? I need to be absolutely in no doubt when I take it back to the dealer and show him this thread.

Are originals made out of a different material?
    Hi Nagogx,

Yes, conclusively fake and no possibility to be genuine. Even the low resolution photos that you posted are sufficient to show many problems when you compare the details to an original like in the attached image.

I've also attached a couple of closeups of another example of this fake. Clearly the same type and shows a clear casting seam from the reproduction process.

Originals of the Friedrich Orth were made only of Feinzink (fine zinc); I don't know what kind of alloy these fakes were made of but they certainly have different appearance.

I'm sure all this will be enough to convince your dealer.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2