Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?

Article about: Thank you all for your valuable feedback. This time I have determined that the item is genuine and I have purchased it. Please tell me if this image "EFlottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin&qu

Default Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?

Thank you all for your valuable feedback.

This time I have determined that the item is genuine and I have purchased it.

Please tell me if this image "EFlottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin" is real or fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?   Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?  

Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?   Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?
    P
    Many

?

I believe this is an original and well worn badge, variant 1.1.12 on the classification table. Portholes in the 'OCOC' configuration, dome head pin on the right of the hinge and flat based catch. Not sure if the closed gun barrels are an identifying feature for variant but hopefully other members will be able to clarify or correct me.
    It would be really helpful if you could edit the photos to get them the right way up please.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Not sure if the closed gun barrels are an identifying feature for variant but hopefully other members will be able to clarify or correct me.
    I agree, variant F1.1.12. The closed gun barrels may indicate the tail end of that production die's life span before switching to the new die for zinc production. Alternatively, if there were dirt residue in the obverse die in the pits that produce the gun barrels, that could produce a similar effect in which case those middle and right gun barrels are not only "closed" but also maybe shorter (less deep) than the left gun barrel.

It doesn't seem to attributable to the wear of the badge itself since it seems that one can still see some silvering overlying the Tombak on the tips of those "closed" gun barrels. Having said that, the obverse detail does show considerable wear as well with a lot of rounded corners.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flottenkriegsabzeichen Schwerin.fake?