Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flottenkriegsabzeichen thoughts

Article about: what are you people's thoughts on this Flottenkriegsabzeichen I stumbled upon, It looks legit to me, think it's worth the 150€ the seller is asking for it?

Jeeesus man, hope no one is that desperate 0.0

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flottenkriegsabzeichen thoughts
    P
    Many

True words yea, militaria can easily be over valued. And let's not start on the amount of repros being sold of as the real deal. From what I have been scrolling around i've seen worse shapes go for around that 400€ mark, ofc those have been zinc or original condition so that adds aswell. But yea never pay more than ur willing too. I have wanted one of these in my collection cuz I find them nice lookin, and now that I have found one at this price it would be quite foolish to not chase it.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    And that's the reason I don't own one. I've not seen that example but I've seen them priced at the thick end of £1000 and that's just ridiculous.
    An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it but there's no way any sane person will be paying that amount.
    Indeed and it is because of the seemingly prevalent "holy grail" mentality that is seeing the younger (in terms of time in the hobby) end of the collecting community displaying the "buy it at any cost because it will be worth loads more tomorrow" sort of feeding frenzy which is spoiling TR collecting in particular. This is why I have largely put the brakes on adding to my own TR collection.

I bought my one example of this award just a few years back for about 400€ if memory serves and thought that was close to the top of the bracket but this has gone too far.
    Based on these pictures I would buy badges like the one at the top of this thread all day long for that price.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Yea it's a sad thing too see indeed. My own collection is very small but I would love nothing more than expanding it but it's an expensive hobby so you gotta be wise with spending and not let it go overboard. and as you said TR stuff is really affected by this.

Glad to hear my find gets more validation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2