Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW

Article about: Hi everyone, I am interested in buying this Luftwaffe pilots badge, I am no expert in these badges and just want to hear your opinions before I spend some money. IMHO the badge looks okay, I

?

Default Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW

Hi everyone, I am interested in buying this Luftwaffe pilots badge, I am no expert in these badges and just want to hear your opinions before I spend some money.
    IMHO the badge looks okay, I see that the left wing does have the shallow cut wing tips, the long narrow barrel and hinge looks okay to me.
    The price is around $299 which I think is a good price.

All comment and opinions are greatly appreciated

Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSWFlugzeugführerabzeichen BSWFlugzeugführerabzeichen BSW

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW

Hmm, doing further research now, and I do find the swastika a bit different than other bsw badges...

I'm not a fan of this badge, but then again, neither am I an expert!

My main concerns are:

The BSW Flugzeugführerabzeichen is the most faked of all pilots badges and it's price of 300 bucks is at least $800 light at dealers prices.

The two rivets on the reverse securing the bird appear to me to have been 'tightened' by tapping with a screwdriver or small chisel. I thought they were normally round headed or lightly flattened during production.

I have never seen the incused dots around the catch on any type of Luftwaffe badge before, they look 'odd'.

Those are my concerns, I would be interested what the considered opinions of others are here, as I am also interested in looking at these badges in the future and have some serious study ahead!

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: Just noticed the catch appears to be a replacement, the badge has been drilled through at the bottom and the catch pushed in. So I guess the dots are where it has been peined to secure it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I am also not a big expert of the Flugzeugführerabzeichen.But in my opinion the catch is replaced.I show it at the two pics.The rivets are also not textbook...perhaps re-revited?I think the badge have a real chance,that it is a original,but repaired.

Wait for more opinions.Perhaps Janos (Anubis) could say more.He have a very good knowing about the pilot badges.

Regards
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW   Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW  

?

The price alone would ring some very loud alarm bells, I wish all Pilots badges were priced so cheaply! It might be because of the points raised above or it might be because the seller knows it's a fake. The pitting on the upper left quadrant on the reverse of the wreath will need a closer look too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello,

in my opninion an original badge, the price is good, but this type of catch repair is very crude IMO, it would not easy to resell this badge, also the badge has been cleaned heavily, the talons are smooth and the eagle's head is also not nice.
    If you want to buy it, I would ask for more pictures without flash, but in my opinion its not a desirable maker, if you are not a pilot collector I would suggest you buy another makers badge.
    Here is my ex BSW for comparison:
    Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSWFlugzeugführerabzeichen BSW

?

Thank you for all the replies I think I will skip this one for now.. Also learned a lot, so thanx!

the badge that started the thread is missing the signature bridge from the eagle to the swastika that is found on these. Here's one I got out of the woodwork showing just that! This feature is present on both their tombak and zinc Pilot badges.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW   Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSW  

Do you mean the starting badge in the thread it is a copy William?

Flugzeugführerabzeichen BSWFlugzeugführerabzeichen BSWFlugzeugführerabzeichen BSWHi , I can only offer a picture of my BSW which shows the "bridge" to the swastika also. It is a later war zinc badge. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast