Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?

Article about: This is my first real post on this forum. Any criticism would be appreciated. Hello, My name is Mac and this just walked through my doors. If anyone can help give me information on this item

Default Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?

This is my first real post on this forum. Any criticism would be appreciated.

Hello,

My name is Mac and this just walked through my doors. If anyone can help give me information on this item or help authenticate it, I would be appreciative.

I have many more items that I will post in the future.

-Mac The Pawn Shop Guy

(I am having trouble uploading the pics. Ill upload shortly )(Got 2/3 pics uploaded)
    Attached Images Attached Images Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?  Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?
    P
    Many

Yeah I am having a hard time adding my third image. Ill have to set up a photobucket or something. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think? 
    Last edited by LuchsFlaumig; 09-30-2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Was able to get the third image downloaded

Not sure why your photos won't load, they are only about 28. KB, most of mine are around 200. KB and I have no issues.
    Please do not use photo hosting, as it is not allowed here.
    Have you tried to upload them using the method described in this thread?
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Don't claim to know all the Juncker variations out there but I don't recognize this one, nor do I claim to be an authority on these.

Photos as you note are too small and can't be expanded to get a good view. That said, the hinge and catch are not typical of J1, J2 or J3 Junckers. And the reverse of the eagle is not J1, J2 or J3 either (can't discern anything from the angled obverse photo).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah I tried this, I also tried it on a Mac and Windows computer. Ill mess with it at home tonight!

Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?

I ran this from Internet Explorer and it worked very well. I was using Firefox. Here are some higher rez photos.

MAP
    ?

Sorry, but I don't like this badge at all. I even think I see casting lines under the wings of the eagle.

And the maker mark looks incorrect to me as well.

Still, not an award I'm very proficient in so other opinions correcting me are welcome.

Here is my Juncker J2 example to compare. As noted, it's not a J1, J2 or J3

Luft Pilots - Juncker J2 Tombak - Flugzeugführerabzeichen

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I will add, besides the J1, J2, and J3, there are also later war Juncker J4's. These use the "68" in the makers mark.

However, this badge is not a Junckers J4 either.

Jan
    ?

Thanks for the post,

Turned the pictures around so they are easier to look at and compare.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?   Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?  

Flugzeugführerabzeichen - Luftwaffe Pilots badge - What do you guys think?  

MAP
    ?

As an fyi.......

I have confirmed my concerns in discussions with a well known expert/author on these awards.

Indeed it is an outright fake based on the Assmann/FLL design

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast