Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review

Article about: Good evening, I was at an antique store locally today, and one of the booths had these badges in a case, and I wanted to ask the opinion of the crowd to see what the consensus was in regards

Default Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review

Good evening,

I was at an antique store locally today, and one of the booths had these badges in a case, and I wanted to ask the opinion of the crowd to see what the consensus was in regards to whether or not they're original or fake.

I'm leaning towards fake, given the asking price of each, but wanted to check just in case they *may* be legit.

I apologize for the blur on the back of one, as it kind of smudged the details, but I think it should be enough to make an opinion on whether or not they're real.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review   Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review  

Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review   Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review  

Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review   Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review  

Last edited by rbminis; 03-10-2024 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen for Review
    P
    Many

?

Hello Dave,

Best thing to do would be to start a separate thread for each badge, make it easier to follow replies and for search purposes.

I believe both badges to be fake though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I suspect you are likely correct...on another forum, the consensus was both were fakes/reproductions, which I suspected given the price.....but you still have hope, you know?

?

Yes, a lack of overall quality and differences between these and known originals. Sometimes you can get a winner, I've managed to pick up an original badge labelled as a fake a couple of times.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The box is fake also, Notice the criss cross design on t he lid known as the lattice fake. Regards Paul

?

None of these badges, nor the cases are good unfortunately.

Tobias

Please read the following two threads regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)