Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold

Article about: Hello everybody, I have a Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold, for your assessment, please. Thanks in advance.

MRA
    ?

Default Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold

Hello everybody,

I have a Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold, for your assessment, please.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold   Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold  

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold   Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold  

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold   Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold
    P
    Many

Hello,
    it looks like a nice Assmann bomber badge in gold and a generic case.

All the best
    Doug

MRA
    ?

Hello Doug,

thank you for your time and answer.

?

it is a real beauty.

raz
    ?

Looks like a good well worn clasp . Cannot help with case tho . I think it was determined a few years back ( 2016 ) to be FLL not Assmann with the reverse hardware and flattened rivet when some identical flight clasps came up maker marked . I could be wrong but that is what I found going through old threads according to Mr Durante ( hope he doesn't mind ) on a different forum . Doug please correct me if I am wrong . You can do some research on the 2 makers and see what I am referring to . Hope this helps .

Hello Raz,
    I am aware of the discussion of who the maker is due to the hardware and flattened or pinched rivets.

I haven't used WAF for a long time and use other forums and follow their discussions.

So below here is a FLL maker marked bomber badge. (Apologies but these are the only pictures I have)
    Lets have a look at it:
    It's in near mint condition.
    It has an FLL stamp which is quite convincing.
    It has holes punched in that are near to the edge which would IMO lead to the badge failing in pretty short order.
    Take a look at the general punching out of the central design. It looks pretty even and finely cut out.

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in GoldFrontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold

So now lets have a look at an Assmann / FLL / Unknown maker attributed badge:
    It is in near mint condition.
    It does not have an FLL stamp.
    Again the holes are punched near to the edge and the oak leaf on the left hand side looks like it is in a pretty fragile state. A bit of wiggling and you would have a two part badge.
    The general outline of the punching is pretty near a perfect match to the badge that started the thread,

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in GoldFrontflugspange für Kampfflieger in GoldFrontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold

And finally the thread starter:

Frontflugspange für Kampfflieger in GoldFrontflugspange für Kampfflieger in Gold

So my opinion is the badge is attributed to Assmann on another forum. To make it easier for me I use one forum which keeps things simple.

Comparing above the pictures I do not believe that the badge that started the thread compares with the FLL Badge but looks more like the Assmann attributed / Unknown maker badge.

All the best
    Doug