Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?

Article about: Hi, Could anyone please give me some advice regarding this Luftwaffe clasp? I have a feeling it could well be a fake but I thought I would ask anyway! If it is a fake, what is the difference

?

Default Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?

Hi,
    Could anyone please give me some advice regarding this Luftwaffe clasp? I have a feeling it could well be a fake but I thought I would ask anyway! If it is a fake, what is the difference between it and the genuine article?
    This is my first time on this particular Forum, so if I have made any mistakes please excuse!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance,
    Terry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?   Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?  

Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?   Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?  

Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?   Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?  

Last edited by rbminis; 04-29-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum Terry!
    Please keep this in mind when posting in the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum. You can compare that clasp with Marks (Watchdog) genuine silver and gold examples below.

Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?

Best regards,
    Franko

Hello Terry,
    welcome to the forum.
    You are correct in your thoughts this is an old reproduction dating back over ten years now.

It was shown on the 'Fake of the Month' by Detlev Niemann back in 2008

Here is the picture from Detlev's site:

Cheers
    Doug

?

Thank you Doug,
    I appreciate your photos, mine is quite cleary a fake as I strongly suspected, but if you don't know, it is better to be 100% sure. It's good to be shown WHY something is a fake, rather than JUST being told it is a fake with no explanation.
    Thanks again,
    Terry.

Hello Terry,

I have attached a later copy of your FFS and you will see how the faker has continued to develop his dark art.

Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?Frontflugspange für Transportflieger in Gold....Fake?

To identify a good from bad badge is sometimes quite difficult and as far as I know there has never been an in depth study in to the Frontflugspange.
    There has been at least one book written about them but I believe that there are reproductions shown as genuine pieces in the book.

I prefer to rely on the forums where there are a lot of eyes to help determine the originality or not of an item.

The faker(s) and faking methods are getting better and better.

I find it best to be suspicious until I can prove otherwise.

Good hunting
    Doug