Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hinge

Article about: Hi guys, here is one early Pilot/Observer badge FLL with barrel hinge. Do you think this one is a good example? I do not want to make a big mistake. Any opinion is welcome. Mike

?

Default Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hinge

Hi guys,
    here is one early Pilot/Observer badge FLL with barrel hinge. Do you think this one is a good example? I do not want to make a big mistake. Any opinion is welcome.
    Mike

Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hingeGemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hingeGemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hinge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hinge
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Hello Mike , your badge matches really well to the one in Sebastiens pilot badge book , front and back ( rivets , hinge , catch , pin ) IMO . That is a nicely preserved FLL artifact I might add with a lot of finish left . Wait for more people to confirm but I sure like it .
    Dennis

raz
    ?

Where are all the medals and awards collectors ???? This is a really nice badge to me but I certainly would like more input from more people . Seems like we have lost a lot of knowledge as of late . I try to help as much as I can and with a early combo pilot / observer badge in this condition I thought it would draw way more attention by now . Anybody else think this badge is a beautiful original ??????

I do think it is a beautiful badge but, as it doesn't fit into my collecting focus, it is difficult for me to give a real opinion.
    It does match up to my reference though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    Where are all the medals and awards collectors ???? This is a really nice badge to me but I certainly would like more input from more people . Seems like we have lost a lot of knowledge as of late . I try to help as much as I can and with a early combo pilot / observer badge in this condition I thought it would draw way more attention by now . Anybody else think this badge is a beautiful original ??????
    Been working most of the day Raz! I didn't see this version in Sebastians book. Given the layout, sometimes I missed some examples. What page is it on?

Mike: I'm cautiously optimistic this is a good one. I almost purchased an FFL that resembled this one a few years back (not as minty ) but didn't pull the trigger for some reason.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi, thank you for all replies. I the meantime I was looking for barrel hinge FLL and found these and one more which is on other forum and I do not know if I can use the picture. But it looks like three types are there and the main difference from the otheres is how the wing on the right side is positioned. Example on the other forum has the wing more down, kai winkler little bit more up and this type even more up.

Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hingeGemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hingeGemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hingeGemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hinge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer-u. Beobachterabzeichen FLL - early barrel hinge  

raz
    ?

Hey Micheal glad to hear you got Sebastiens books . Must of been a barter for him using your fotos eh??? Anyway the page is 206 & 207 type 1 FLL . I was in the Jack Daniels last night and it doesn't take much for a 70 year old to get cranked up you know .

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    Hey Micheal glad to hear you got Sebastiens books . Must of been a barter for him using your fotos eh??? Anyway the page is 206 & 207 type 1 FLL . I was in the Jack Daniels last night and it doesn't take much for a 70 year old to get cranked up you know .
    Doh.....faux pas on my part (I was drinking Legent so that is my excuse)

I was looking through Previttera's book. Not Sebastiens. That is why I was scratching my head. Previttera only has a late war example in his book. The book is good but missing too many examples.

I don't have Sebastiens yet. Told him I'll buy them all once his ROAG/AG book comes out.

@Mike: I looked at a few other examples and this one looks fine to me. It is a top grade example condition wise.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)