MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber

Article about: I'm needing a bit of help and advice on this piece. A fellow collector is trying to sell this cased SIlver German Cross to me. I am not a fan of it for it doesn't sit well with me. Please al

Default German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber

I'm needing a bit of help and advice on this piece. A fellow collector is trying to sell this cased SIlver German Cross to me. I am not a fan of it for it doesn't sit well with me. Please all opinions are welcomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber  German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not one for me. Can't enlarge the photos. I assume that is a "20" marked on the pin. Thus making it a Zimmerman

Just a few observations from what little I know.

1) The mark should be under the pin (and should be sideways if I remember)
    2) The wreath is wrong
    3) It should only have 4 rivets
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There are multiple constructed crosses with different rivet configurations. However, I concur on your other observations. I'm not a fan of it at all.

MAP
    ?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    There are multiple constructed crosses with different rivet configurations. However, I concur on your other observations. I'm not a fan of it at all.
    Zimmerman crosses only had 4 rivets and all are hollow as well. So reference to acceptable different rivet configurations applies only to other manufacturers and as such is an apples to oranges comparison.

While I would love to own a silver example one day, I only own a fairly common Zimmerman "Lite" example in gold. Take a look at the link below to compare all the differences. For example, on the obverse, the most glaring is the wreath. The Date box is a type I've never seen, maybe trying to be a Deschler but still not correct. And the Oak leaves on this example expand beyond (hang over) the wreath. On Zimmermans, they should all be contained within the wreath. On the reverse, almost every feature is wrong - rivets, hinge, catch and maker stamp.

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman

Again, I don't know much as I only have one, and I rely on my reference materials so always happy to be set straight if I'm wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

IMO, the first glaring thing I see, is the horizontal lines on the ribbon on both sides of the date.
    These should not be there.
    Ralph.

German Cross in Silver / Deutches Kreuzes Silber
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

It's bad. First thing I look for is what Ralph pointed out, but there are other tells.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you gentlemen. I walked away from it. It was a very poor repop indeed