Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German WW2 Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen-Verification

Article about: Greetings everyone I was thinking about acquiring this Observer Badge, But leaking the professional knowledge that many Of you here posses, I would like to read your opinions and reviews abo

Default German WW2 Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen-Verification

Greetings everyone
    I was thinking about acquiring this Observer Badge,
    But not having the professional knowledge that many
    Of you here have, I would like to read your opinions
    and reviews about this Particular Item, it is not being
    Marked what means that it is a Late war example,
    (1944-1945?) the condition itself is not the best one
    What makes it even harder to confirm the authenticity.
    The Seller has told me that the Eagle-Part was made
    By another producer than the Wreath part(the round
    Part of the badge)and then together assembled.

German WW2 Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen-VerificationGerman WW2 Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen-Verification
    German WW2 Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen-VerificationGerman WW2 Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen-Verification

has somebody experienced something
    Like this before? That one part of the badge was made
    By another producer than the other Part?
    The pictures are unfortunately not of the best quality.
    I would be very grateful if you could take a close look
    At this piece and tell me your opinion about it.
    Thank you a lot!
    Best regards from Germany.
    Last edited by Collector40; 01-31-2023 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW2 Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen-Verification
    P
    Many

?

Hello, this is not my area of collecting but this looks like a very poor cast copy to my eyes. Look at the horrible detail on the eagle and the pockmarked reverse. Also that pin is very thin and not appropriate. You need to look at images of authentic versions already posted and make visual comparisons. It will soon be very apparent to you as well. save your money I wish you luck.
    Regards, Al

?

Hello!

Not an original badge IMO, The eagle is trying to resemble a J2 Juncker Eagle but it doesn’t match any orignal Juncker eagle in terms of quality, and the hardware setup is not any good either.

A no from me.

Best regards, Tobias!

Not my area of collecting, but I have to agree with the other comments posted already.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Save your money, A poor reproduction that looks to be artificially aged. Regards Paul .

Thank you for your opinion Paul,i almost dumped 300€ in it, you gotta be careful today man.
    Thanks a lot again really appreciate it

Thank you all! I really appreciate your help! I’m sure there are a lot of people on this forum who would actually have lost a lot of money if you didn’t tell them that they are about to buy a fake non-original item. We all learn of course but it’s much better when you are still in a learning phase and have the possibility to ask a certain group of verified professionals and be 100% sure what to exactly do, that’s exceptional. Thank you again and wish you all the best!

?

Always a good thing to ask before you buy! I’ve learnt that the hard way a couple of times over the few years I’ve been collecting. Sure, you learn a thing or two but It’s never fun to be ripped off. It becomes alot more fun to collect when you learn what items are good and what are bad.

Best regards, Tobias

The price was to lure you in, A decent standard pilot badge would cost more than 300 euro let a lone a pilot observer! Glad we saved you some money. Regards Paul.