Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help Appreciated with Kriegsmarine Zerstoerer/Destroyer Badge

Article about: I'd be very grateful for your help with this award...Authentic or Reproduction? I'm leaning towards Authentic but these are out of my main focus of study... Thank You kindly! -Glenn-

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Glenn,

I am far from being an expert on these awards and I spent some time looking through some of my reference material and I am not familiar with this type of horizontal hardware setup on Friedrich Orth destroyer badges.

I was under the impression that the FO made awards used vertical pins.

Smitty
    I believe you are correct Smitty.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Appreciated with Kriegsmarine Zerstoerer/Destroyer Badge
    P
    Many

?

Hi Guys,

Your skepticism is well-founded. This is a common old fake which is one of a series of fakes including this type of "f.o." Destroyer, an "R.S.&S." Fleet badge and "S.H.u.Co" Destroyer, all marketed at one time in fake "maker-marked" envelopes as well. They're made of cartridge brass instead of Tombak.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Appreciated with Kriegsmarine Zerstoerer/Destroyer Badge   Help Appreciated with Kriegsmarine Zerstoerer/Destroyer Badge  

Help Appreciated with Kriegsmarine Zerstoerer/Destroyer Badge   Help Appreciated with Kriegsmarine Zerstoerer/Destroyer Badge  

Help Appreciated with Kriegsmarine Zerstoerer/Destroyer Badge  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2