Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hi. Can anyone tell me if this silver mutterkreuz is real or not. Thank you.

Article about: Hello. I bought this from an antique dealer and wondered if it’s real. From some brief research (here and elsewhere) it looks fairly authentic but I’m confident you guys can tell me if t

Question Hi. Can anyone tell me if this silver mutterkreuz is real or not. Thank you.

Hello. I bought this from an antique dealer and wondered if it’s real. From some brief research (here and elsewhere) it looks fairly authentic but I’m confident you guys can tell me if that’s so. Many thanks for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hi. Can anyone tell me if this silver mutterkreuz is real or not. Thank you.   Hi. Can anyone tell me if this silver mutterkreuz is real or not. Thank you.  

Hi. Can anyone tell me if this silver mutterkreuz is real or not. Thank you.   Hi. Can anyone tell me if this silver mutterkreuz is real or not. Thank you.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi. Can anyone tell me if this silver mutterkreuz is real or not. Thank you.
    P
    Many

?

Welcome Simon.
    An original silver Mutterkreuz and original ribbon in nice condition.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you for that confirmation. My first purchase so I’m grateful I got a good one.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Welcome Simon.
    An original silver Mutterkreuz and original ribbon in nice condition.
    I echo Adrian.

You are right to ask because there are a surprising number of fakes but all the fakes I have seen tend to have odd looking enamel with no visible pattern under it and rounded edges, corners, points etc where they shouldn't be.

I am sure the fakers will catch up on these points but for now once you know what a real one looks like the fakes are not too difficult to spot.

The one shown here appears to have a high level of original finish too.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."