Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Iron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto Schickle

Article about: Hello all. This Third Reich era medal bar finally arrived from Europe after a bit of a delay. I am not normally a medal bar collector but it had a Schickle on it, and that was as good an exc

Default Iron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto Schickle

Hello all. This Third Reich era medal bar finally arrived from Europe after a bit of a delay. I am not normally a medal bar collector but it had a Schickle on it, and that was as good an excuse as any to purchase it, in my book. I am not well versed in the Winterschlacht im Osten medal, so if anyone recognizes the maker, that would he helpful to say the least.

I always enjoyed Schickle Iron Crosses as they have such a unique beading style not seen on many other maker's Iron Crosses. The example that came with this medal bar is magnetic, is 44.29mm wide and 44.51mm tall.

The Winterschlacht Medal is 36.02 wide at its widest 43.79mm tall at the jump ring and non-magnetic. I cannot weight it of course due to the medal bar. The suspension ring is, of course, largely concealed by the ribbon bar, and the part that shows does not show a maker's mark. If anyone knows the maker of this medal, it would be helpful to know.

Thank you,

Iron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto SchickleIron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto SchickleIron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto SchickleIron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto SchickleIron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto SchickleIron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto SchickleIron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto SchickleIron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto Schickle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto Schickle
    P
    Many

One of the EK close-ups snuck in there sideways. Here it is upright. Iron Cross 2nd Class Medal Bar with Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse by Otto Schickle

One of our members has this excellent data base for Ostfront medals, which should help you to identify which maker it is from.

The Ostmedaille-database