Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KM Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen by JSF, is it any good?

Article about: Hey there you lovely people we meet again. stumbled upon this Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen by the maker Josef Feix & Söhne or JFS for short. I would love to get some opinions on the badge,

Question KM Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen by JSF, is it any good?

Hey there you lovely people we meet again.

stumbled upon this Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen by the maker Josef Feix & Söhne or JFS for short. I would love to get some opinions on the badge, Imo it looks like it could be an original item however the pin and hook seems to be a more uncommon variant other than the 90 degree sideways pin hook system that seems to be the more standard for this type of badge made by this maker, although it seems like there is a place where the pin would have been mounted so idk about that one then.. but yeah feel free to express your opinions on the matter, you people think it's an orignal item or another reproduction?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen by JSF, is it any good?
    P
    Many

?

I've seen this badge recently, can't remember where it was now. I said the same wherever that was, this is a not an original badge. The reverse hardware is wrong for JFS, the details are soft and you can see the indentation where the original horizontal hinge and pin should be and the waves look like they've been given a coat of grey model paint.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

ah I see, thanks for the input, yeah that was what i was the most worried about aswell, as the pin is ineed wrong but I seem to have found some other examples that featured the same hinge system but most of them had the horizontal variant yea. but okay, will stay of from this one then, thanks for your valuable insight