Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie - Schwerin, Berlin - Opinions?

Article about: Hi all What do people think of this badge? I appreciate the condition isn't brilliant, that said I quite like the worn looking finish. Can anybody confirm whether they think its genuine or g

Default Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie - Schwerin, Berlin - Opinions?

Hi all

What do people think of this badge? I appreciate the condition isn't brilliant, that said I quite like the worn looking finish.

Can anybody confirm whether they think its genuine or give any other insights? Currently for sale in the UK.

Cheers
    Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für die Marineartillerie - Schwerin, Berlin - Opinions?
    P
    Many

?

I believe this is variant A.1.1.7 on the Classification Table.
    Zince badge in poor condition, looks like the hinge and possibly the catch have been reattached at some point, the hinge seems to be sitting lower and therefore the pin extends beyond the bottom of the badge.
    Can't decide if it is a ground dug piece or the effects of salt water/air corrosion.
    Priced fairly in my opinion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the reply. I did wonder about the pin protruding from the bottom, makes total sense if the top part of the clasp has been re-attached slightly lower down. Is this particularly terminal in terms of value? I appreciate its not a perfect piece but I'm considering it as an affordable way to fill a gap in my collection.

Cheers
    Tom

?

It's up to you Tom, repaired or replaced hardware doesn't bother me personally as long as it stands a chance of being period done.
    Other folk will disagree of course and want untouched examples.
    I think condition and the resoldered hinge have been taken into consideration with the price.
    It depends on what you want and want to pay. There are better examples out there but you will have to pay a bit more.

Thanks Adrian. I appreciate your assistance in confirming its a genuine example and your helpful inpit. I will ponder as to whether to pick this one up.

Much appreciated!

?

Hopefully Norm and Martin will see the thread and offer their opinions too.

Fingers crossed. I have made an enquiry with the seller so will see what they say too. If Norm and Martin see this in the meantime then that's a bonus.

Thanks for your help.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It's up to you Tom, repaired or replaced hardware doesn't bother me personally as long as it stands a chance of being period done.
    Other folk will disagree of course and want untouched examples.
    I think condition and the resoldered hinge have been taken into consideration with the price.
    It depends on what you want and want to pay. There are better examples out there but you will have to pay a bit more.
    I agree 100% with Adrian.

As long as the repair is solid and appears period it wouldn't bother me too much per se as long as I was happy with the overall appearance. Obviously your own preference for "patina" is very important and my preference in naval badges in particular is for tombak versions.
    As already said there are better examples to be found and this badge whilst much more rare than the ASA or ISA it is not exactly the "golden fleece" in terms of rarity .

The short answer is ; authentic badge with stated issues.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for your reply and input Mark. Glad to have additional confirmation on its authenticity.

All the best
    Tom

An original Schwerin zincer with the possibility of the hinge and catch being re-soldered ?
    Either rhat or just a sloppy factory soldering job.
    Good close up images of the hinge and catch areas would be of help here.

Cheers,Martin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast