Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer

Article about: Hello all! I am in possession of a German Auxiliary Cruiser Badge. It was given to me by my grandfather as it sat in his basement for 30 years, and he had no use in keeping it. He believes t

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer

Hello all! I am in possession of a German Auxiliary Cruiser Badge. It was given to me by my grandfather as it sat in his basement for 30 years, and he had no use in keeping it. He believes that it was given to him by his uncle, who took it off of a dead soldier during the war. The back clasp is sadly missing, but overall it seems to be in decent condition. I would like to know if it is genuine or not. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer  

Last edited by rbminis; 05-24-2023 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer
    P
    Many

Pity about the missing catch.
    It is a good,original badge in tombak by C.E.Juncker of Berlin.
    Nice badge to have,with a little history behind it too.

Cheers,Martin.

what does in tombak mean?

?

Looks good to me too and although the catch is missing, still a nice badge.
    Tombak is the base metal, a brass and copper alloy. The early war decorations were made in this and later in the war zinc because it was cheaper.

Thanks so much. Only concern I saw was that the plumage on eagle seems worn, and the right middle of sail seems too be as well.
    What would something like this be worth?

Would the maker of the badge change the worth of something like this? and where would one sell war medals, I have a couple random ones I need to sell.

I have edited the title to your thread.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thankyou for informing me. Now I know 🙂

?

You can sell here on the forum. If you scroll to the bottom of the main forums page you will see a section called the Militaria Collector's Market.
    Just upload what you want to sell in the appropriate section.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....