Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43

Article about: Hello all I have a question about my badge. FLL's Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch badge was often unmarked, mine has the mark, does that mean it is a rarer version? I also read this thread: h

Smile Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43

Hello all
    I have a question about my badge.
    FLL's Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch badge was often unmarked, mine has the mark, does that mean it is a rarer version?
    I also read this thread: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch/Mine sweeper badge
    Thanks in advance for all answers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43
    P
    Many

If anyone has any information, feel free to write.
    Regards
    Stan

IMO, it is either a total fake, or an original unmarked badge, with added fake markings.
    Attributed FLL minesweeper badges are always unmarked, according to Norm in the thread you linked.
    Here is a PAB, with original FLL markings, notice the fonts are different.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for your answer

?

That badge is fascinating! It looks to me like a legitimate example of the FLL Minesweeper in zinc? The first I've seen, but now we have to look out for more.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Notice also that the markings are impressed/stamped into the metal, as opposed to the letters being raised as seen on Ralph's example...
    -Glenn-

?

Yes, the punched in FLL mark (as opposed to the mark in relief) is seen on the "early" variant of FLL CA badge as seen here. The dilemma is that Staegemeir's "FLL" fake Blockade Runner uses the same mark, possibly even from access to the original tool. That mark on the fake has some flaws in the upper left circles but, unfortunately, that area on the MS mark is faded out, so we're unable to really tell anything about originality from the mark alone.

We have to judge the badge on other features. Aside from the general crudeness of the obverse detail, there are no obvious red flags on first look. But the FLL CA badge often shows soft detail on some examples, likely from a late war casting technique, so we can't rule out a casting method here as well.

The badge is a novelty and clearly requires more study, but it's quite interesting.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43  

?

I must say, the more I stare at it, lightened up on Photoshop, the more I like it. There seems to be some genuine aging to the layers of remaining finish and exposed zinc highlights.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43  

?

And just look at that reverse finish compared with the FLL CA variant. They're a darn good match, I think.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch FLL 43  

Thanks for your research :-)
    Last edited by Skalski; 01-15-2022 at 10:58 PM.