Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?

Article about: Hello, Is this badge a fake? Or did some1 repair the hardware? I tried looking for a minensucher badge by Schwerin with the same pin but can't seem to find anything regarding it. If u need b

?

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?

Hello,

Is this badge a fake? Or did some1 repair the hardware? I tried looking for a minensucher badge by Schwerin with the same pin but can't seem to find anything regarding it.

If u need better photos let me know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?
    P
    Many

It's not what I would expect from a Schwerin piece ! I would pass

The overall design, both obverse and reverse suggests a zincer by Schwerin. The makers mark on the back lines up as it should and other details match too.
    However - the pin, hinge and catch are not what i would expect. Typically the hinge does not have the block above it, the pin is not round but is flat and 'coke' bottle shaped. And the catch is also not round but flat 'c' shape.
    It is possible that this badge was also made with this setup, but i have not seen it.

nick

?

Hi Guys,

A truly dreadful cast fake. If the weird colouring, texture and wrong hardware weren't enough, there are clearly visible casting lines along the midline of the margins from the casting mold.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - Schwerin, Thin pin?  

MAP
    ?

Nothing of value to add as Norm's photo says it all.

But it also appears based on these photos that the "block" hinge is actually part of the casting.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)