Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2

Article about: Hello again! I was curious about this one as well. Though denazified rather poorly, I wanted to know your opinion on this Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbän

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2

Hello again! I was curious about this one as well. Though denazified rather poorly, I wanted to know your opinion on this Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände as well. Thank you very much!

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2

William H

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände identification #2
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a Rettenmaier. I'll need to have a better look later to see if it's a good one or a fake of a Rettenmaier. The inner edges are a bit rough but that might be due to the hand filing.
    Which way does the catch open? To the left or right?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I believe the catch opens to the right, since the opening is placed to the right! Thank you for the answer

?

I think it's an original, I like the striations across the back, just a poor hand finishing job made with the file.

Thank you very much for your input! I might end up buying this one instead, since this is about 20 bucks cheaper than the previous!

?

But it looks awful. If you have a choice, I'd be going for the Scholze badge because only the swastika is filed. This one has been completely ruined.

I reckon so! Just out of curiosity, how much would you value the Scholz badge vs this one?

Thank you!

?

I don't value things and it's not something anyone does on the forum because prices are open to interpretation and down to what the individual will pay.
    All I will say is that the prices are probably about right but in my opinion, this badge is ruined and I wouldn't buy it for any price because I don't want it in that condition. But someone else might want it and be willing to pay. That's why valuing an item is a subjective issue
    Minesweeper badges are common as a whole and if you really want an example, you can find one in good condition for a good price. Denazified awards have a place in a collection but not as a representative example.
    My advice would be to spend a bit more and get a complete badge. If not, between the two you have posted, the Scholze badge would be the one to go for because it's been sympathetically changed, not vandalised with a file.

I would save your money.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!