Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)

Article about: Hello, One of my first German badges which I have bought over 15 years ago. I have always thought, that this is real one, but is it? I ask, because I have compared the various reference book

?

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)

Hello,

One of my first German badges which I have bought over 15 years ago. I have always thought, that this is real one, but is it?

I ask, because I have compared the various reference books, and I have not found the corresponding. Maybe wrong books...

Anyway:
    - no maker's mark
    - pin is straight and magnetic
    - hook is also magnetic and typical C-form I think, BUT the hook opens to the left and the metal plate under hook is also one I haven't seen.

So, real or fake?

Regards,
    Antti
    (hope the pictures are good enough)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)   Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)  

Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)   Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Antti , I have also looked and only one that came close is the so called flat back by unknown maker . Need a good pic of eagle . Maybe bumping this back to the top will get smarter guys than me to show up and give a hand .

?

One pic about eagle. Sorry, but I can't take any better. I think the eagle looks pretty allright, but there's some problem with the right wing. Just like as if it had been cut incorrectly? Is this damn good copy or made by some trainee in the end of the war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch-, U-Boots Jagd-, und Sicherungsverbände (real or fake)  

In a way, I like it. Factory errors happened (albeit rarely). I have a perfectly original silver DRL sports badge that has the pin and catch soldered on completely upside down. Whether it be a trainee/error/drunk worker who knows...