Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine - Hilfskreuzerabzeichen Zink - Hersteller?

Article about: Hello collector friends, could get this bundle cheap. I don't really like the back of the badge. It looks roughened / badly edited. From the needle system maybe Schwerin Berlin with a Tombak

The HK badge is a postwar Steinhauer & Luck or maybe a copy of a postwar S&L ?

The globe is the type used in postwar production by S&L and can be seen on their 1957 awards.

Can you show a photo with the mainpin raised showing the rivet ??

The photo's below show a wartime type 1 globe by S&L (bottom)and a postwar type 2 globe (top).The postwar globe was the flawed bow waves and thicker lines of longitude and latitude.

Cheers,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine - Hilfskreuzerabzeichen Zink - Hersteller?   Kriegsmarine - Hilfskreuzerabzeichen Zink - Hersteller?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine - Hilfskreuzerabzeichen Zink - Hersteller?
    P
    Many

Quote by Rosenberg View Post
    Thank you for your effort, does anyone happen to know the "special feature of the EK" It is inserted in a glass block?
    The EK2 looks to be embedded in resin ( who knows when this was done? ) but the date is the END of the 27 day patrol of U997 ( started 14th October from Hammerfest and ended 9th November in Narvik so it could have been done to celebrate another month alive!! The rank inscribed on it matches the one on the man in the photo ( Seaman 2nd class )

U-997 operated with the "panther" Wolfpacks during this patrol (16 Oct 1944 - 8 Nov 1944)

information sourced from -
    Patrol of German U-boat U-997 from 14 Oct 1944 to 9 Nov 1944 - Kriegsmarine U-boat patrols - uboat.net

Ludwig Muller IS mentioned in the crew listing at the bottom of this web page.
    U 997 – U-Boot-Archiv Wiki

Hope that helps a bit?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan for the detailed signage, I should have come here much earlier, then my knowledge would be considerably further .................. The seller remains that the auxiliary cruiser is original. He wants 200 for the EK2, which is frankly too much for me ....

Martin a quick question, where do you get the knowledge of how you compared the globe? Books? Expe

Hi Chris,

well,i've been collecting on and off since the 1960's.So,years of study,learning,etc.
    The internet and the forums have been a great source of learning and sharing knowledge with fellow collectors.
    It has made the hobby way more interesting and fun.
    It beats the old days when all we had was books.
    So,whatever your interest is,browse the forums and study the awards and the threads.It's the best way to learn.

Cheers,Martin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2