Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?

Article about: Looking at this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern (War Merit Cross 1st Class with swords). I believe it to be authentic but would love to hear your guys thoughts if theres somethi

Default Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?

Looking at this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern (War Merit Cross 1st Class with swords). I believe it to be authentic but would love to hear your guys thoughts if theres something i'm not seeing.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?   Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?  

Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?   Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?
    P
    Many

I don't like the pin or the missing ring on the left hand grip. It's a fake IMO
    All the best

?

I'd be interested in Jamie's opinion on this one. I've seen a similar hinge and pin on a KVK1 posted by Thomas Durante and there are features that could match but the catch is different. It was attributed to Carl Poellath but I've not seen another like it.
    I'm on the fence at the moment.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Would you be able to put me into contact with Jamie. I really need to get to the bottom about the validity of this award.

?

I'm sure Jamie will check in and see the thread.

?

Found the image of Tom's KVK1. Photo credit obviously to him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?  

Nice Cross Adrian but I do note that Tom doesn't know who the manufacturer is and it seems that Jamie is seeing the example that Tom posted for the first time.

I have done a couple of pictures below showing the thread starter and the one Tom shows on WAF and GCA.

Firstly a view of the rear set up. Neither the hinge and pin or the hook on the thread starter match. The hinge on Tom's has a larger base plate and pin looks flatter and the hook seems to be directly soldered to the reverse. The thread starter has a smaller base plate on the hinge a rounder pin and a circular base plate on the hook.

The Front is quite a good match but the thread starter looks like a softer metal and weaker less distinct details.

However when I look at a close up of the thread starter I see what I believe to be casting faults.

So really to conclude it is not a common cross and IMO it is a fake.

Doug

?

I also note the area highlighted below on Tom's badge, the same marks are on kuztic's badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Authentic?  

Thank you so much for your input i really appreciate it. I will be going back to the dealer to swap this out for something else. He had another KVK1 i might swap it for if that is not a cast fake as well.

I'm late to the party but I'm certainly no authority on these anyway, just giving an opinion like everyone else.

The first thing which stood out for me when I saw the pics was the oversized catch on the back. Doesn't look familiar to me on any KvK1 I've seen before, or even any EK1 for that matter.

Then the pin and the retaining pin at the hinge, reminded me of that which has been mentioned already with Toms post on WAF.

Overall, it's not a cross I would buy, nor would I trust it to be authentic, far too many errors and red flags for my liking. This or one like it might be attributed to a maker however, if you were to compare it to Poellath quality, it falls way below the standard they are known to put out in their War Merit Cross, zinc or no.

Glad you decided to give it a miss, there are way better out there.

And if it is a zinc cross you are looking for, I have a nice Wiedmann looking for a home