Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kuban Shield

Article about: I have read so much about the Kuban Shield and the more I read the more confused I became. Can I please get some opinions on this one? The 43 and 19 seem ok. And I read where the bottom line

Default Kuban Shield

I have read so much about the Kuban Shield and the more I read the more confused I became. Can I please get some opinions on this one? The 43 and 19 seem ok. And I read where the bottom line under the U in Kuban should not be solid, but open to the map, which this one is. On this forum, I read where the wreath around swastika should not touch the line - but this one does and I found many examples of real ones where it also does. There is no square around the swastika, the A does not seem overly wide but you can not see the eagle face very clearly. There is no MM on the back. So - whatcha think? Thanks.
    Kim ( Do not know why pictures turned - on my computer they are upright.)
    (See comment section for photos turned the correct way Thanks, Ralph.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kuban Shield   Kuban Shield  

Kuban Shield   Kuban Shield  

Last edited by kimfitz; 11-26-2020 at 11:46 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kuban Shield
    P
    Many

Can you post your photos the right way up?
    Searching for sideways photos in the technical section comes up with a number of threads regarding this issue.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/searc...rchid=13259099
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks. Edited, so I do not sound stupid.

OK - upright (I think) Thanks, Ralph.

Kuban Shield
    Kuban Shield
    Kuban Shield
    Kuban Shield
    Last edited by kimfitz; 11-26-2020 at 11:42 AM.

An original badge imo, shame the pins are missing. Regards, Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    An original badge imo, shame the pins are missing. Regards, Paul
    +1

Thanks, Paul!!! I am really happy to hear that. Do the missing pins take away the value? And I do not try to make it shiny, right?
    I have a minesweeper I am going to post next! I am working my way up to what I really want - an Anti-Partisan War Badge. Thanks, again.
    Kim

Unfortunately you are correct , Missing pins ,backng plate & cloth will affect value. The badge will still display nicely though. Good luck in your quest for a Bandenkampfabzeichen but be aware they are highly faked & very expensive. Regards, Paul, Oh nearly forgot Don't polish it!

TWS
    ?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Good luck in your quest for a Bandenkampfabzeichen but be aware they are highly faked & very expensive. Regards, Paul
    +1 with Paul. Also very rare (thus expensive as Paul said). German soldiers did not want to be captured wearing one of them so they were often disposed of prior to surrender.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    +1 with Paul. Also very rare (thus expensive as Paul said). German soldiers did not want to be captured wearing one of them so they were often disposed of prior to surrender.
    Where did you get this for as a soldier?