Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication

Article about: The attached images show a badge which I am considering buying. To my inexpert eye it appears to be a good Osang LW Erdkampfabzeichen, but I'd greatly appreciate the opinions of more experie

Default Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication

The attached images show a badge which I am considering buying.
    To my inexpert eye it appears to be a good Osang LW Erdkampfabzeichen, but I'd greatly appreciate the opinions of more experienced eyes !
    Thanks in advance.Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authenticationLuftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authenticationLuftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication
    P
    Many

Not my field of study, but the badge looks okay to me.
    I just don't know it they produced them unmarked.
    The only examples I could find were all maker marked.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I don't recall seeing one without a maker either.... here is my Osang example as a comparison...

(and a couple of photos from the internet of another Osang).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication   Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication  

Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication   Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication  

Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication   Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen authentication  

MAP
    ?

This is not an award I know much about but using Previttera's Luft Combat award book as a reference, it only mentions two variation, both of which are maker marked.

I tried to compare this award with the one in his book. But these photos are just a bit too blurry, especially on some the the key features. A close up of the rear rivet might help too.

Lastly, the reverse of this award seems to have casting flaws to the left and right of the rivet. And does not appear to have any hand finishing.
    Last edited by MAP; 11-26-2022 at 07:12 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the feedback. Too many question marks !