Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker reconstruction

Article about: Hi this as I understand it is a construction of an original Junker eagle and post war Souval wreath ( the wreath does not have the typical post war cut out catch plate but one of a typical w

Default Luftwaffe Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker reconstruction

Hi this as I understand it is a construction of an original Junker eagle and post war Souval wreath ( the wreath does not have the typical post war cut out catch plate but one of a typical wartime disc catch plate). This is a marriage of wartime and post war parts apparently. I originally thought that it was repair using a construction of two ww2 parts. The catch plate is probably a replacement as well by the looks of the soldering.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker reconstruction   Luftwaffe Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker reconstruction  

Luftwaffe Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker reconstruction   Luftwaffe Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker reconstruction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Fliegerschützenabzeichen für Bordfunker reconstruction
    P
    Many

?

It's an interesting combination!
    The eagle looks like a legitimate Juncker made piece, the wreaths are a mystery to me however.
    The catch plate is an obvious repair.
    From the front, it looks like the person who assembled it did a good job, shame about the back but it is what it is. At least someone made an effort to use parts and not consign them to the bin or 'parts box'.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

The eagle is definitely a good J3 Juncker. The setup on the back looks postwar. All I can say about the wreath is that it does not look like a Juncker made one.

I agree with Adrian, the person who assembled it did a pretty good job looking at the badge from the front.

Best regards, Tobias

Thank you. It's a shame that the wreath is not wartime. I'm not sure what to do with this one.