Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika

Article about: Hello I have needed an upgrade for this award and I think I’ve found a good one but I would like to be sure. This example has its document and pouch however my main question is if that pou

Default Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika

Hello I have needed an upgrade for this award and I think I’ve found a good one but I would like to be sure. This example has its document and pouch however my main question is if that pouch goes with this medal as I’ve only seen them with a clear pouch not with a paper pouch. I would also be greatful if anyone could give a second look at the authenticity of the award and it’s document. I am seriously thinking on purchasing this and would just like to be sure before spending a chunk of change on it.

Many thanks for looking and helping me out.

Bodhi

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in AfrikaMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in AfrikaMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in AfrikaMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in AfrikaMedaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika
    P
    Many

The medal looks to be a good original type 5 to me. Sorry can't help with the packet or document as i don't collect them .Regards paul

Thank you for confirming the medal for me Paul! No worries on the document and pouch.

Another quick question about the ribbon, I’m a little suspicious of it as the ribbon on mine is fake and it shares many similarities with this example.

The ribbon is very bright but appears to be of correct construction, just perhaps kept out of daylight and never used. Wouldn't that packet have had some Mark's on it if the medal had been kept in it all these years? Regards, Paul

I would say the medal and the award are original, however there are many better "LORIOLI MILANO" medals out there. Especially earlier versions with the stronger bronze finish.
    Either as noted this is a replacement ribbon, or unissued I cant tell from these photos. Personally I do not think the packet has anything to do with this medal. It seems to be a generic LDO paper packet, who's authenticity I can not comment on. An expensive set for the medals condition.

Thank you for the replies, I am going to pass this one up for now and wait on a better example. I appreciate the help.

Bodhi