Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello all! I recently stumbled upon this piece online. I understand that the photos are limited, but is it possible to tell from these whether or not this piece is original or a modern repro

Here is a link that will explain this award.
    Axis Allies and Foreign Legions
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Hello again!
    1. How many of these awards were issued?

2. Why do some awards have a bronze coloring while others have a metallic zinc coloring?

3. Why are there different ribbons available?

4. Is my example an early or late example?
    Attachment 1073246Attachment 1073247Attachment 1073248Attachment 1073249
    To answer your questions
    1. The Scapini book lists the number between 2 and 3 hundred thousand produced, issued is something very hard to give a figure to as it was awarded to both German and Italian soldiers.
    Additionally much into was destroyed when these medals were banned in 1944 after the Italians surrendered and sided with the allies, after this wearing of said award or any foreign award issues by Italy was forbiden for wear.
    2.The colouring is to do with the medal, the Bronze colored ones are made with Buntmetall bronziert which gives it its lighter colour and is more expensive, so as they made more it was cheaper to make it out of zinc.
    3.There is only one type of real ribbon and most of these medals do not have originals attached to them, the one on your medal is a modern replacement. These were attached with a pin which was sown into the medal ribbon itself.

Morris

A good type 4

Thank you very much for the reference, Ralph. It's always nice to know a little more.

Regards,

Duncan.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    To answer your questions
    1. The Scapini book lists the number between 2 and 3 hundred thousand produced, issued is something very hard to give a figure to as it was awarded to both German and Italian soldiers.
    Additionally much into was destroyed when these medals were banned in 1944 after the Italians surrendered and sided with the allies, after this wearing of said award or any foreign award issues by Italy was forbiden for wear.
    2.The colouring is to do with the medal, the Bronze colored ones are made with Buntmetall bronziert which gives it its lighter colour and is more expensive, so as they made more it was cheaper to make it out of zinc.
    3.There is only one type of real ribbon and most of these medals do not have originals attached to them, the one on your medal is a modern replacement. These were attached with a pin which was sown into the medal ribbon itself.

Morris
    Hi there, Morris.

Thank you for your reply. As I said to Ralph, it's always nice to know a bit about the history of these medals. I'll keep an eye out for an original ribbon, but I'm glad to have the main part - the medal!

Regards,

Duncan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2