Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - any way to figure out the maker?

Article about: Hello, I found this medal and wanted to know the maker, since I did not find a mark in the ring. What I noticed are some bubbles on the back of the medal and that the part that attaches the

Default Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - any way to figure out the maker?

Hello,

I found this medal and wanted to know the maker, since I did not find a mark in the ring.
    What I noticed are some bubbles on the back of the medal and that the part that attaches the medal to the ring is longer than on a other Ostmedaille I own.
    The ribbon has a metal part attached to it, which apparently was used to hang it onto a ribbon bar.

Thank you for your time,
    John

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - any way to figure out the maker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - any way to figure out the maker?
    P
    Many

There is an on line data base for these medals created by one of our members.
    You may want to have a look there for the maker of this one.
    NEW Online database for the Ostmedaille
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for the database.
    In my opinion the backside compares well to a "Steinhauer und Lück" Ostmedaille because of the tilted S.

I have a unrelated question aswell: Where can I post a grouping which I own?
    Is there a diffrent forum for that?

Quote by Idkanything View Post
    I have a unrelated question aswell: Where can I post a grouping which I own?
    Is there a diffrent forum for that?
    What kind of a grouping?
    If you are looking for authentication, post them one at a time.
    If you want to post them to show, you can post them here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/collections-display/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    What kind of a grouping?
    If you are looking for authentication, post them one at a time.
    If you want to post them to show, you can post them here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/collections-display/
    Ralph.
    It is a grouping of the medals and documents from a german Unteroffizier.

Hello,

This is actually an OM109 / Walter & Henlein.
    Walter & Henlein comes in a few variants, this is one of them. Pretty unusual is the good condition of your OM.

Hello,

it was difficult for me to compare it to other medals considering the very small details.

As for the condition:
    I found the medal and as far as I am aware this had been kept in a drawer since 1943, because that is the year the person (who most likely) earned it, died.
    It is not possible for me to determine the original owner from my family, since most medals were stolen sometime between the 1980s and 2000s.

Thank you for pointing out the correct maker on one of the few medals from my family that I own,
    John