Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mutterkreuz case - Original?

Article about: Hi I am hopefully looking to sell this case (as I have no medal to go with it) but wanted to make sure it’s 100% genuine before listing. Is anybody able to assist/confirm? Thanks in advanc

Default Mutterkreuz case - Original?

Hi

I am hopefully looking to sell this case (as I have no medal to go with it) but wanted to make sure it’s 100% genuine before listing.

Is anybody able to assist/confirm?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mutterkreuz case - Original?   Mutterkreuz case - Original?  

Mutterkreuz case - Original?   Mutterkreuz case - Original?  

Mutterkreuz case - Original?   Mutterkreuz case - Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz case - Original?
    P
    Many

?

It's a bit tatty and not worth much but looks legit. I'd be surprised if you can sell it for anything more than a few quid but fair play if you can. I'd be more tempted to get a cross to put in it and keep it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Is the color of the case black or dark blue? I can't really tell from the images..

Smitty

Mmm the colour does look like black when it should be dark blue and the manufacturers printing looks a little rough but it looks like a good one.
    I do have crosses in worse looking boxes.

I only have the picture of the makers name of that box:

All the best
    Doug

?

Some cases are very dark in appearance, almost black.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the replies guys. If I look at it really up close under direct light it does have a Dark blue/grey tinge to it, so possibly what you’re referring to.

RE getting a real medal, I was actually sold a fake mother’s cross in gold some years ago (when I started collecting and I was far less educated). I think it might have been the seller who is now ‘SpandauaMilitariaShop’, so Lesson learned The clearly put a fake in a genuine case to dupe the buyer and unfortunately it worked...Luckily I have more sense now, at least when it comes to collecting!

If it doesn't have much value then I might hang onto it and one day come across a genuine example, at least then it would have a proper home. Is it only the Gold example which went in this specific case?

Cheers
    Tom
    Last edited by Moshemotom; 04-18-2024 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Missing paragraph

?

Mine is a dark indigo and almost dark navy.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The fake cross in question...

[Apologies, I can't seem to rotate the images correctly, though I suppose it doesn't matter since its a dud...]

Quote by Moshemotom View Post
    The fake cross in question...
    [Apologies, I can't seem to rotate the images correctly, though I suppose it doesn't matter since its a dud...]
    Are you sure it's a dud?
    If you can see some texture beneath the blue enamel, it has a good chance of being an original.
    Try different light sources.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to get sight of this textured part from all sorts of light & angles but I think it's a fake as it just reflects, almost like good quality acrylic.

Also these 'lines' between the words on the front of the medal I have not seen on genuine examples another reason I think its a dud. What do you think?

Cheers

TomMutterkreuz case - Original?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast