Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

NARVIK shield at antique shop

Article about: This shield is at an antiques shop I frequent. Ive done searches and it appears to be a real one but is missing prongs and backing. Still very detailed. I have not seen one before. Is the fi

Default NARVIK shield at antique shop

This shield is at an antiques shop I frequent. Ive done searches and it appears to be a real one but is missing prongs and backing. Still very detailed.
    I have not seen one before. Is the finish the way it should look originally?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NARVIK shield at antique shop   NARVIK shield at antique shop  

NARVIK shield at antique shop   NARVIK shield at antique shop  

NARVIK shield at antique shop   NARVIK shield at antique shop  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NARVIK shield at antique shop
    P
    Many

It's a good so called 2nd type attributed to Deumer, The original finish has been/is being absorbed by the zinc. Regards Paul

Original shield, a good starter piece. Paul is spot on with the maker, but IMO the finnish hasn’t been absorbed but has worn/fallen off. The early awarded shields was made from better metal that preserved the finnish better. Be careful not paying to much for a shield like this. Posted one , Juncker, I used to own.

Cheers Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NARVIK shield at antique shop  

TWS
    ?

That's the sad thing about the zinc examples. Here's my "dropped 9" KM that suffers from a little zinc pest.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

This is the only Narvikschild that I have.

Not 100% sure about the maker but I think it is Deumer.NARVIK shield at antique shopNARVIK shield at antique shop

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I ended up going back to store and the seller was there and i was able to purchase for decent price considering the comments here. In hand (and can be seen in pictures actually now that I look) I see that the areas between the head and wings is not cut out. Ive looked for examples and so far have not found any; should i now be concerned on authenticity?

It's fine, 1st type Deumer has cutouts between the eagles head & the wings, 2nd type doesn't. As said before this shield is only attributed to Deumer because it has been found on Deumer salesman & barter boards. Regards Paul

Here's my example , exactly the same even the finish, Regards Paul