Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Narvik shield please help with originality!

Article about: A number of years ago - decades actually I picked up 6 different shields from a collector who decided that collecting militaria was not for him. I cannot remember the prices I paid as these

Default Narvik shield please help with originality!

A number of years ago - decades actually I picked up 6 different shields from a collector who decided that collecting militaria was not for him. I cannot remember the prices I paid as these came in a grouping of many other militaria collectibles. Most were good items and of course some were not. I did ok with the purchase and set these aside as I was not sure if these were good or not. i am looking at the forum at examples of the different shields and I am at a point of being confused because of each ones differences. This is the 1st of 6 shields so over the next few days I will post more.

I appreciate the help that members can provide with these and with that profound "Thank You" in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Narvik shield please help with originality!   Narvik shield please help with originality!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narvik shield please help with originality!
    P
    Many

Hi, Rich. I'm not an expert on these, but I do think this is what's been called the "Floch Fake". Please see this thread (credit to Adrian Stevenson):

Narvik Shield Fake Gallery

There's a lack of detail on this shield compared to the originals - noticeable to me is the lines on the propeller, for one. Also, you'll note that there's a distinct blemish that, as far an I can tell, is only seen on this particular fake. Note the small blemish lines that I've put in the brackets:

Narvik shield please help with originality!

Someone may be along to correct me, so wait for other opinions, but these are just my observations.

-DF

DerFunker thank you for the reply.

One other detail I found from WRF that points to reproduction is the fat the wreath does not rest on the bottom of the "shelf" or pedestal where it was just above with the small space seen.

I have 2 of these and posted them together. the reason for that was them other one, the wreath was even on the "shelf" or pedestal. See image attached taken from your linked thread.

Another fact is the detail seen on the propeller hub had denting into the hub which the 2nd shield I posted does not.

Sad thing is on this shield (the 1st shield) posted is all of the gold finish is present where the 2nd shield has loss of the gold finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images Narvik shield please help with originality! 

Der Funker is absolutely right , this one is indeed a fake. Regards Paul

Thank you for your replies!