Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.

Article about: Hi Guys, as I have this in hand, I thought that I would add a thread here. At first glance the badge appears well made with a nice matt silvered finish. What does strike you straight away th

Default NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.

Hi Guys, as I have this in hand, I thought that I would add a thread here.

At first glance the badge appears well made with a nice matt silvered finish. What does strike you straight away though is the weight.

Detail is lacking to Icarus. Especially to his face and feet.

Reverse has the correct number, 231240. Not an issue number, but a contract number. Pin set up is well done. The edges of the badge have evidence of hand finishing with file marks especially to the side of the balloon.

This is an old copy and one of the much better ones of this rare seldom seen badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.   NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.  

NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.   NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.  

NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.   NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK-Freiballonführerabzeichen - NSFK Balloon Pilot Badge.
    P
    Many

Thanks Adrian! Can you give me any insight into this badge? It seems to be very similar to your fake example, except that the patent numbers (minus for the "0") more closely match the presumably authentic one currently offered for sale by Giel's: NSFK Balloon Pilots badge

I would say it is the same fake as the one I showed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!