Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch

Article about: No problem i hope it comes out good for you at the appraisal

ETF
    ?

Default Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch

Hello All,

Can I get your opinions on these? Are they authentic? Thanks in advance. All comments are appreciated.

First two photos are of Customs Lond Service Medal, photos two and four are of Police Long Service and last two photos are of a gold bullion badge. Does anyone know if this is real or a fake? Is it fire police?

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch   Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch  

Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch   Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch  

Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch   Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch

Hello, can you post the bullion eagle in the correct forum please.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Opinions Please- Customs Long Service, Police Long Service, Gold Bullion Shoulder Patch

mmmmm i dont know about thoose medals espically the first one they almost look to good the ribbons are super tattered but not solied or aged and the medals are very shiney they might be fakes

ETF
    ?

WW2relichunter,

Can you be more specific about what your concerns about the medals are?
    Ed

ETF
    ?

Hello Adrian,

I was trying to get multiple photos in one post as the "Sticky" requests. What is the correct forum please.

Ed

ETF
    ?

WW2relichuinter,
    The ribbons are frayed at the ends which is very typical of ribbons of the period. Why do you think they need to be soiled?
    Ed

Quote by ETF View Post
    WW2relichuinter,
    The ribbons are frayed at the ends which is very typical of ribbons of the period. Why do you think they need to be soiled?
    Ed
    The medals look to be to nice and shinny also the ribbon looks to be newer stiting which is an issue and also the first one i believe is a reproduction medal you can never be to careful the second i need better pictures for and the bullion patch i actually think that many be original

ETF
    ?

WW2relichunter,
    Attached is a link of a very reputable WWII Militaria dealer in the US. Look at the photos of the long service medals. The ribbons are clean and the medals are shiny.

Police, Military Collectibles, Inc.

Yes but look very closely at thoose medals and they dont look like yours they all have an aged color they are shiny but look at the zoomed in pictures of each item as i said before i believe the top medal is a reproduction the second medal may be real but the top one is not right

ETF
    ?

WW2relichunter,

I do see what you are referring to. I'll have to take these in for a "hands on" inspection. I'm hoping for the best but will see what the verdict is. I'm also hoping that I may get some positive feedback on these on the forum? Fingers crossed.

Thank you for your feedback and comments. I appreciate it.

Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast