Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ostmedaille ...real or fake?

Article about: Hi, the medal is original! But the pictures are too small to determine a manufacturer can. There must come better pictures. In Germany you get a medal in this state for 25 \\$ - 30\\$. I hope I

?

Default Ostmedaille ...real or fake?

Hey Guys,

First medal question:

Is this real or fake?

And if it's real, what's the market value?

Much THX!

Cheers
    Fabe

Sellers pics:

Ostmedaille ...real or fake?Ostmedaille ...real or fake?Ostmedaille ...real or fake?
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-30-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostmedaille ...real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Winter Campaign medal 1941 ...real or fake?

Looks real enough to me, a bit of zinc bubbling but still some nice silver on the helmet.
    As for value probably between £35 and £45 give or take what someone is prepared to pat. is it maker marked?

?

Default Re: Ostmedaille ...real or fake?

Looks good in terms of originality but poor in condition.

I can't decide whether it is extreme zinc bubbling or if it's been dug up or kept in a damp shed.

The condition should be reflected in the price so I would expect to pay less than a better kept example. I personally wouldn't buy it however when there are plenty of better pieces out there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian, I tend to think that the condition is probably better than the photo's lead us to believe, The photo's are poor and on the examples I have seen the first thing that disappears on these medals if not kept reasonably is the silver wash on the helmet and around the rim.

?

Thanks guys, the price of it is around 35 USD... I'm actually buying something else from this seller (not a medal), but I was wondering about his rep. - according to him, it's real...
    At least his 'word' is OK so far...

In my humble opinion thats a reasonable price.

?

Yes, I would agree that the price is fair for a piece in this apparent condition.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks again guys...
    I agree, these are really not good pics - I def. will consider getting this as my "first medal ever" - of any kind...

I would have to disagree here to some extent.....the medal is genuine, of course, but the condition is terrible. You said the price was $35US? If it is coming From the States, then you have to factor in a considerable Postage cost as well. Personally, I think the ribbon is worth about as much as the medal itself, in this shape. I would not pay over $25 for it myself. Much better can be found-they are not rare or expensive.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I think 35 is a good price for the medal, it depends on the collector really some are looking for worn and some are looking for mint

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast