Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction?

Article about: Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. Is this a real one or a repro. And how can one tell? Thanks.

Default Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction?

Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. Is this a real one or a repro. And how can one tell? Thanks.

Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction? Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction? Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction?

Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction? Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction? Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction?
    P
    Many

Wrong number of loops, and the protective backing should have horizontal lines instead of vertical lines.
    Ralph.

Panzer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard. An original piece or reproduction?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Amazing! Thanks Ralph. Is there a list somewhere of good books to get on German WWII militaria?

?

There are good books out there but they do get outdated. The search function on the forum is a very useful tool and as the forum is active, information stays current and up to date.
    Decide which area of collecting appeals to you and get books that are relevant. Weber and Skora are always good to have on the bookshelf, Gordon Williamson, Dietrich Maerz both write good reference books.
    But if a fake item is included in a book, it will be there forever so always search and ask until you're confident.

Thanks Adrian. I will look into the books you suggested. I've been focused on Panzer items. Badges, medals, insignia, collars/totenkopfs, shoulder boards, buckles. Picked up a nice Eisernes Kreuz 2. Pretty much everything that would go on a uniform without getting the uniform itself.

There is also a publication by a fellow named Tim Curley which is titled "Bullseye".
    I suggest this one be near the top of your list to find, they are readily available.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)