Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: One more Minesweeper badge, a Paul Meybauer attributed example. This is version M2.2.5 on the Classification Table. These badges are never marked so only attributed to Meybauer by the revers

?

Default Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.

One more Minesweeper badge, a Paul Meybauer attributed example. This is version M2.2.5 on the Classification Table.

These badges are never marked so only attributed to Meybauer by the reverse hardware.

This is a zinc award with typical darkened reverse which is usual for this maker. It features a large block hinge, wide pin which tapers to the point and a stamped sheet metal catch mounted on a small round base plate.

Overall condition is reasonable for a zinc award with a nice amount of gilt on the wreath, worn on the high spots but faded finish on the waterspout.

This completes my sub collection of zinc Meybauer badges, the last photo shows all three variants and the catches which is the differential between them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.   Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Meybauer attributed Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch - U-Boots - Jagd - und Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

Nice zinc Meybauer.
    Adrian it looks like you've become a Minesweeper geek,just like Norm and Hubert.
    Nothing wrong with that,just more variants to collect than a Hilfskreuzer geek like me.

Cheers,Martin.

?

Yep, I guess I'm in the geek club. When I first started collecting them fifteen years ago I think there were less than 80 variants but now it has crept up to 115 different types. I'm not even halfway there yet.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

MAP
    ?

Great looking example. Nice wear.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)