Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?

Article about: As advised in my 1st shield post, I have 6 shields that I've owned for years and tried to discover originality. It became so frustrating, I set them aside until now to find out more about th

Default Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?

As advised in my 1st shield post, I have 6 shields that I've owned for years and tried to discover originality. It became so frustrating, I set them aside until now to find out more about them. Please help me to determine if this is an original or reproduction. The shield is vaulted as well. Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?   Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?  

Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?   Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?  

Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?   Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help, Demjansk Shield1, Original or Reproduction?
    P
    Many

Hi Rich, The accepted uniform worn versions of these have 4 prongs on the reverse. There are some that believe that the 2 pronged versions were for mounting on the front of photo albums (but why would it be vaulted?) I'm on the fence about this. Hopefully someone better informed than me will see this & give us an answer. Regards Paul.

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Hi Rich, The accepted uniform worn versions of these have 4 prongs on the reverse. There are some that believe that the 2 pronged versions were for mounting on the front of photo albums (but why would it be vaulted?) I'm on the fence about this. Hopefully someone better informed than me will see this & give us an answer. Regards Paul.
    Thanks for your reply Paul. Looking at the front details shows it is a well made shield. But the rear with 2 prongs...been looking on the web and see 3 prong and 4 prong types. Then using reproduction Demyansk shield keywords to search and look at images on the web, the eagles head on those are different from this 1 I've posted. Don't know much about these things so thats why I posted asking for help.

Are these supposed to be magnetic?

I have 1 other 1 but it looks like it's zinc and that has 4 prongs but these are attached along the shields edge.

There was only 1 manufacturer that produced a Demjansk in zinc, all the others should attract s magnet. Post them up.Regards Paul

Will start a new thread on the zinc shield. Looks like this 1, the subject of this thread is a reproduction as a magnet does not stick or lift from the hand. Thank you Paul for your help.