Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre

Article about: Hi everyone, I just bought this cased Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre. The case appears fine, but the medal appears to be a repro. I wanted to see what others thought. Thank you,

?

Default Question about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre

Hi everyone,
    I just bought this cased Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre. The case appears fine, but the medal appears to be a repro. I wanted to see what others thought.
    Thank you,
    Question about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre
    P
    Many

?

Here is the new medal (left) next to another example.Question about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre

?

What makes you think it's a repro?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Well, it is hard to tell from the photos, but it is wider on the side than the other example. The medal is also slightly bigger. The gold paint is also very bright. Now all this might just mean that I found a very good example. But I have a feeling it might be a fake. As I said, the case looks fine.

?

I can't be 100% sure from the photos. The ribbon looks OK. There were differences between manufacturers which might account for the difference in thickness as well as possibly different base metals.
    I wouldn't write it off just yet. Maybe take some pics in natural light?

?

Here are some more picture, hopefully in a better light. If it is a repro, it was well done. I just worry, as I said that it appears thicker then other medals of its type. Christopher Ailsby says in his book that the size changes slightly with these medals. So I honestly do not know.
    [The medal in question is on the left]

Question about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 JahreQuestion about a Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 40 Jahre

?

There will be differences between makers, not all manufacturers produced identical medals. Different materials, pressure when being made all can account for a variation. I'm sure there were tolerances to work to and you might have a medal of each at the extreme end of the scale.
    I'm not seeing too much wrong with the medal but maybe see if other members can add their thoughts too.

I don't like the cross either.