Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?

Article about: Hello folks, I have noticed that there are many different handmade variations of this badge. It looks old and handmade. I'm just skeptical about the rings in the middle of the back because I

Default Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?

Hello folks,

I have noticed that there are many different handmade variations of this badge.
    It looks old and handmade.
    I'm just skeptical about the rings in the middle of the back because I think it can't be comfortable to wear it that way.

Best regards

Christian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?   Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?  

Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?   Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?  

Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?
    P
    Many

?

It's a leap of faith sometimes with these field made pieces. The rings would've had a long split pin or similar running through them to secure the shield to a backing cloth, I'm not sure if it would be secured directly to the uniform sleeve like this but anything is possible.
    I have no idea if it is original.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It's a cast fake of the later post war versions produced by S&L & Souval, The original shields are actually far cruder than this version, Here's my Souval for comparison, Regards Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?   Ärmelschild Lappland 1945 (handmade). Is it original?  

Hello Adrian, hello Paul,

Thank you very much for Your reply.

Today I have bought this badge for 30 euros.
    I don't think that's too much for a Souval post-war production.

Best regards

Christian