Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen/pilots badges

Article about: Hey Everyone, I was just wondering what people's thoughts about the round Flugzeugführerabzeichen. Ive been reading up on them a bit. I find it hard to believe that they would be Jet fighter

Default Re: Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen/pilots badges

Cheers for your comments guys, as I have not before come across one in 30years of collecting, I think its a got conservation piece to put in the draw with the others. The guy seems to think hes got a rare item and to be fair it is i guess but not valuable. As I said there are a couple of Air Gunner/Radio op and a Luftwaffe flak badge. Might post these in a bit but I think they are ok. The seller has had them for 20 odd years and bought them with a load of 8thAF gear which is his primary interest, so as to original source he cannot be sure. Cheers Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen/pilots badges
    P
    Many

To add to the great discussion thats going on "Foreman's" book 2nd edition page 115 has the round Flugzeugfuhrerabzeichen listed.For my part why haven't we seen more of them and i believe its because its a fantasy badge.A book published in 1993 called "HUSKEN" shows an oval piece, but not the round one.Carl

?

The only Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen I would be happy to see is the one shown here and even then I'm not sure the badge wreath is exactly round.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen/pilots badges  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The only Round Flugzeugführerabzeichen I would be happy to see is the one shown here and even then I'm not sure the badge wreath is exactly round.......
    I believe that badge is the Combined Pilots and Observers badge 2nd Model in Diamonds in a special version for women

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I believe that badge is the Combined Pilots and Observers badge 2nd Model in Diamonds in a special version for women

Nick
    You are correct as this lady is Hanna Reitsch who was the only recipient.Check page 131 of Orders,Decorations,Medals, and Badges of the Third Reich by Littlejohn & Dodkins.She was a test pilot who helped develop the Buzz Bomb and was a couragious woman in her own right.Their is only this honor as no more were given out.Carl

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Yes; that's right.

Female recipients of the Pilot/Observer Badge in Gold with Diamonds received both the full-size "male" version and the smaller "female" brooch version of the badge.

Hanna Reitsch (seen in the photo above) and Melitta Gräfin Schenk von Stauffenberg were the only two women decorated with this badge. I understand that Reitsch's badge is on display at the Zeppelin-Museum. (Don't know whether it is the full-size or the brooch version, though.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3