Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

RZM Dates

Article about: Hi guys just a quick question if someone could help please. I’ve tried looking it up. A SS RZM number followed 41 ,does the 41 represent the year of manufacturer? Sorry I know we like pictur

Default RZM Dates

Hi guys just a quick question if someone could help please.
    I’ve tried looking it up.
    A SS RZM number followed 41 ,does the 41 represent the year of manufacturer?
    Sorry I know we like pictures but I don’t have any, If your interested why I ask its on the back of a medal the same as listed on ebay at the moment link
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    Right down to the slight off centre of the left hand sword hilt and its point, from the NW and SE points of the star burst points.
    Something doesn’t add up I think . I read somewhere these medals were stop in 1935 so why would it have a RZM code on the back plate were these codes not brought in latter.
    Could this be a Polish fake
    Any input would be grateful
    Thanks
    Rod
    Attached Images Attached Images RZM Dates  RZM Dates 
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-31-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Photos uploaded.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM Dates
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: RZM Dates

Hi Rod, can you copy the pics and post them please? When the auction ends the link will be invalid and the thread becomes useless for future reference. Many thanks!
    Have you checked out the sticky thread at the top of the page for the RZM numbers?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

There is also another link for RZM codes in the 'Useful Reference Links' thread which is also pinned at the top of the forum.

I knew Adrian you were going to ask that about the pictures I fully under stand. But i am very sorry I don’t have the computer intelligence to do that operation.
    If you like you can delete this thread until I can post pictures.
    I did search the link above but unless I missed something I couldn’t find that information I was looking for.
    The code is RZM 215/41 SS
    Regards
    Rod

?

I've uploaded the photos Rod but I don't recognise the award. Hopefully one of the others can help out.

Hi Rod, a Fake "Hamburg Cross".

You are correct, a Polish made fake. Avoid ANY screwback with SS/RZM contract numbers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade!

Thanks Adrian for doing the pictures for me.
    And thanks Ade, I was suspicious of it. It came with some other medals I acquired which seem to be original but this slightly throws doubt on them as well . I hate it when there’s one rotten apple in the barrel . I will post them at a later stage.
    As far as I can make out the Hamburg cross was a non official decoration giving to ww1 veterans between 1931-1935 who were not part of the stahlhelm organisations and I think it should be a pin on the back not screw back. Perhaps someone else can give more information than this.
    The reason i posted it in this section was because of the RZM SS mark.
    Another good quality fake
    Thanks again Rod

Hi Rod, we certainly have some pics of good examples on the forum somewhere.

These were "vanity awards" as a fellow collector friend once dubbed them. As there was no national WW1 service award, many different ones sprang up in the 20's and early 30's. They were simply purchased. All were later banned after the introduction of the "Hindenburg Cross".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade I couldn’t find a lot of information on them . I did read that they were banned in 1935 so that ties in with what your saying. I am always willing to learn something new.
    cheers
    Rod